The Exploratorium is a museum of science, art, and human perception located in San Francisco, California. They believe that following the curiosity and asking questions can lead to amazing moments of discovery, learning, and awareness and can increase the confidence in the ability to understand how the world works. They also believe that being playful and having fun is an important part of the process for people of all ages.
Since its founding in 1969, the museum offers activities to try out new ways of learning and also programs designed to create connections between formal and informal education. The museum offers activities and resources of both physically and virtually. On the website information is organized into the following sections:
- Visit provides information on the location of the museum, entrance tickets, schedules, calendar of activities, etc.
- Explore offers science activities online, Apps, blogs, videos, web sites. This section also has a searcher by topic.
- Education present education training programs for students and teachers, such as Professional Development Programs, Learning About Learning, Community Programs, Lifelong Learning Programs and Tools for Teaching and Learning.
- Collaborations provides information about the partner institutions and the network of connections around the world.
- Join + Give tells how to make donations, as Exploratorium is a nonprofit organization.
- Store offers a variety of items that can be purchased online, such as science kits, books, games, toys, etc.